Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

23 January 2009

Riffin' The Scotch


Here's some nice music from Mr. Goodman. A short cd, only 42 minutes, but it swings nonetheless. These were recorded in 1934 and I don't think there's a bad tune in the batch. For whatever reason Biograph decided to improve their cover from a beige background to this. I wonder if it improved sales? According to the internet, the personnel are: Benny Goodman (clarinet); Red McKenzie (vocals); Dick McDonough (guitar); Art Rollini (tenor saxophone); Mannie Klien, Bunny Berigan (trumpet); Jack Jenny (trombone); Arthur Schutt (piano); Artie Bernstein (bass guitar); Gene Krupa, Stan King (drums). The only vocal however is on the last track. Enjoy. I've been listening to these rips for over an hour, so they should be good. +

Tracks

1.Old Man Harlem
2.Keep On Doin' What You're Doin'
3.Nobody's Sweetheart Now
4.Ain't Cha Glad
5.Doctor Heckle And Mr. Jibe
6.Georgia Jubilee
7.Texas Tea Party
8.Honeysuckle Rose
9.Sweet Sue
10.A Hundred Years From Today
11.Riffin' The Scotch
12.Your Mother's Son-in-law
13.Love Me Or Leave Me
14.I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby
15.I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues

11 comments:

Chester Proudfoot said...

You're welcome!

MW said...

howdy..still trying to down load stuff -even slumed down and used a windows -the rapid share thing takes 15 minutes and I have ADD so I can't bring myself to wait. I would like to hear these recordings.
I guess under the current atmosphere of "Yes we can" I should try to hang in. But then again I live in a country run by an accountant in a blue sweater who misses George Bush.
As you can tell, I'm confused

Chester Proudfoot said...

Comrade, I feel your pain but it's the only way to share unless I upload each song individually which would be a nightmare. Hang in there - click the download button and after 15 minutes you'll get to unzip and listen forever. It's worth the wait.

Skeptical Imp said...

Thanks for sharing this.

gypsykat said...

I'm eager to hear this, and a number of your other posts, but I'm stumped. I see the password, but where's the link to the download?

Chester Proudfoot said...

The link is always the + sign at the end of the intro. Enjoy.

gypsykat said...

Ah, so! That was a bit to subtle for me. Thank you.

Chester Proudfoot said...

Subtle, that's me. ;-)

gypsykat said...

Chester, this blog is an absolute treasure house! Wonderful material and excellent commentary to boot. Must be a labour of love. Thank you.

Huie said...

Love your blog and the era it encompasses. Could you please re-upload Benny Goodman's Riffin' The Scotch...can't source it from any other site.

Chester Proudfoot said...

Thanks, glad you found the way here. It's been re-upped. Enjoy!