Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

29 January 2009

Maniac's Ball


Glen Gray and the Casa Loma Orchestra, named for a Toronto hotel where they never actually played, was one of the top dance bands of the 1930s that inspired many other bands for their swinging music. Cover scans are here. Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. Maniac's Ball
2. Linger A While
3. The Man I Love
4. Can't We Be Friends
5. White Star Stomp
6. Loveless Love
7. Stompin' Around
8. Black Jazz
9. Limehouse Blues
10. Sunny Disposish
11. Wolverine Blues
12. Copenhagen
13. Ol' Man River
14. Chinatown My Chinatown
15. Should I
16. Walkin' The Dog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful
I have been looking on all blogs for som EARLY casa loma

ola

Reci said...

Wooow! one of my favourites :-)

Chester Proudfoot said...

Glad you all like it.

Morris said...

Glen Gray never played at the Casa Loma Hotel? You learn something new every day.