Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

15 January 2009

Breezin' Along


From the Art Deco series, this is a collection of English-language tunes by Josephine Baker. From Wikipedia - Josephine Baker (June 3, 1906 – April 12, 1975) was an American expatriate entertainer and actress. She became a French citizen in 1937. Most noted as a singer, Baker also was a celebrated dancer in her early career. She was given the nicknames the "Bronze Venus" or the "Black Pearl", as well as the "Créole Goddess" in anglophone nations. In France, she has always been known as "La Baker". Baker was the first African American female to star in a major motion picture, to integrate an American concert hall, and to become a world-famous entertainer. She is also noted for her contributions to the Civil Rights Movement in the United States (she was offered the leadership of the movement by Coretta Scott King in 1968 following Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination, but turned it down), for assisting the French Resistance during the Second World War and being the first American-born woman to receive the highest French military honor, the Croix de Guerre, and for being an inspiration to generations of African American female entertainers and others. That's an impressive bio to say the least. Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. Bye Bye Blackbird
2. Blue Skies
3. Where Did You Get Those Eyes?
4. Who
5. That Certain Feeling
6. Pretty Little Baby
7. Lonesome Lovesick Blues
8. I Wonder Where My Baby Is Tonight
9. (What Can I Say) After I Say I'm Sorry
10. I Love Dancing
11. Always
12. Bam Bam Bamy Shore
13. I'm Leaving For Alabamy
14. Dinah
15. (I Want To Go Where You Go, Do What You Do) Then I'll Be Happy
16. I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me)
17. I Want To Yodel
18. He's The Last Word
19. Hello, Bluebird
20. Breezin' Along With The Breeze

No comments: