Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

06 January 2009

Echos From The Cocoanut Grove



A three-fer today, these are transcriptions that were meant for radio station one-time play. Very nice music. It's a shame there aren't more like this floating around. Enjoy. + + +

Tracks

Arnheim 1931

1. Sweet Georgia Brown
2. Just One More Chance
3. Roll On Mississippi, Roll On
4. By A Lazy Country Lane
5. At Your Command
6. My Sweet Tooth Says I Wanna
7. You Said It
8. Lies
9. Nobody's Sweetheart
10. You're The Surest Cure For The Blues
11. You Don't Know What You're Doing
12. There's Nothing Too Good For My Baby
13. Any Corner Is A Cozy Corner
14. She Went To Havana
15. It's Love
16. Love For Sale
17. Can't You Read Between The Lines
18. Why Dance
19. Out Of Nowhere
20. What Is It


Jimmie Grier 1932

1. Bend Down Sister
2. Stardust
3. By the Sycamore Tree
4. (We've Got To) Put That Sun Back in the Sky
5. Just Temporarily Blue
6. Tell Tales
7. I Promise You
8. More You Hurt Me
9. Kiss by Kiss (I'm Falling in Love With You)
10. You Could Have Been the One Baby
11. Two Loves Have I
12. What Did You Do With It?
13. Sugar
14. I Idolize My Baby's Eyes
15. Where the Blue of the Night (Meets the Gold of the Day)
16. Tired
17. Ooh, That Kiss
18. Was That the Human Thing to Do?
19. Goodnight Moon
20. Music in the Moonlight


Phil Harris 1932-33

1. Got a Date with an Angel
2. How Can You Say No (When All the World Is Saying Yes?)
3. Rockin' Chair
4. Baby
5. I'm Making Hay in the Moonlight
6. Vamp
7. Mimi
8. How's About It?
9. Linger a Little Longer in the Twilight
10. You're Getting to Be a Habit with Me
11. You (Just Wonderful You)
12. Lazy River
13. Cop on the Beat, The Man in the Moon, And Me
14. Young and Healthy
15. Million Dreams
16. 12th Street Rag
17. We Better Get Together Again
18. I've Got Nothing to Do But Love
19. Along Came Love
20. 'Til Tomorrow

No comments: