Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

19 January 2009

Irving Berlin


What I really like about ASV is that their 'various artists' collections included many of the familiar songs by the composer, but not necessarily by the artist most associated with the hit. For instance, I'm Putting All My Eggs In One Basket, We Saw The Sea, The Cheek to Cheek were all popularized by Fred Astaire in his films. But instead of another cd compilation of the usual suspects, these tunes are covered by the Boswell Sisters, Harry Roy and his Orchestra, and Lew Stone & His Band respectively. And because ASV is based in London, we gain access to artists outside the US. Hi-res scans of front and back are here. Let yourself go! +

Tracks

1. A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody - Roy Fox & His Band
2. Alexander's Ragtime Band - Geraldo & His Orchestra
3. Blue Skies - Benny Goodman Orchestra
4. I Never Had a Chance - Teddy Jones & His Band
5. He Ain't Got Rhythm - Nat Gonella & His Georgians
6. I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket - The Boswell Sisters
7. We Saw the Sea - Harry Roy & His Orchestra
8. You Keep Coming Back Like a Song - Bob Farnon & His Orchestra
9. Let Me Sing and I'm Happy - Al Jolson
10. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Carrol Gibbons & Savoy Orpheans
11. All Alone - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
12. Let Yourself Go - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
13. The Piccolino - Harry Roy & His Orchestra
14. This Year's Kisses - Hildegarde
15. Heat Wave - Bob Farnon & His Orchestra
16. Let's Face the Music and Dance - Harry Roy & His Orchestra
17. Slumming on Park Avenue - Alice Faye
18. Because I Love You - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
19. Cheek to Cheek - Lew Stone & His Band
20. Marie - Orchestra conducted by Ronnie Munro, vocal Al Bowlly
21. Top Hat, White Tie and Tails - Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
22. White Christmas - Geraldo Orchestra & Singers

4 comments:

Luis said...

I thank you for this album, but no scans included in the file.

All the best

Chester Proudfoot said...

Sorry about that! I could swear I uploaded the right file, but I've added them to the post now.

Anonymous said...

Great music, thank You !
Do You have more Harry Roy music to share ?
Greets -
Joe

Chester Proudfoot said...

There may be some in ASV's Hits of ... series, but I would have to check.