Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

19 January 2009

I'm Nuts About Screwy Music


Lunceford is another I picked up solely because I like the Classics series, and I wasn't disappointed. His swing band rivaled those of Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman and Count Basie and was known for professionalism and showmanship and a sound that made a dance hall jump. Swing, gate. +

Tracks

1. My Blue Heaven
2. I'm Nuts About Screwy Music
3. The Best Things in Life Are Free
4. The Melody Man
5. Organ Grinder's Swing
6. On the Beach at Bali-Bali
7. Me and the Moon
8. Living from Day to Day
9. Tain't Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood)
10. Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)
11. I Can't Escape from You
12. Harlem Shout
13. (This Is) My Last Affair
14. Running a Temperature
15. Count Me Out
16. I'll See You in My Dreams
17. He Ain't Got Rhythm
18. Linger Awhile
19. Honest & Truly
20. Slumming on Park Avenue
21. Coquette
22. The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down
23. Ragging the Scale

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chester, could you re-up this one?

Thanks!

Chester Proudfoot said...

Done.

doug said...

Chester, could you re-post this one (Jimmy Lunceford-I'm Nuts About Screwey Music) on Depositfiles? Thanks.

doug said...

Thanks so much Chester. These are fine posts. You are an excellent digitizer.