Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

27 February 2009

The Pig Got Up and Slowly Walked Away


How can you not like a song called The Pig Got Up and Slowly Walked Away? Crumit came up through Vaudeville and recorded some sides in 1919. His popularity rose with the advent of the microphone which could record his rich tenor tones.

Note: I've taken this down and replaced it with a link to where you can purchase the cd. This was posted long before I learned of a connection I now have with those responsible for issuing this excellent series. I firmly support sharing this great music, but also supporting those who continue to take the time to reissue what otherwise might be lost to posterity. This is why certain labels do not appear here. So kick out a few dollars and buy the cd. It's worth it. Really. Enjoy. +



Tracks

1. Down by the Railroad Track
2. Ukulele Lady
3. Sonya (Yup Alay Yup!)
4. Palesteena
5. Pretty Little Dear
6. Little Brown Jug
7. Jack Is Every Inch a Sailor
8. The Three Trees
9. My Lady
10. The Return of Abdul Abulbul Amir
11. And Then He Took Up Golf
12. Granny's Old Arm Chair
13. Riding Down from Bangor
14. Gum Tree Canoe
15. I Don't Work for a Living
16. I Can't Stand Sittin' in a Cell
17. Would You Like to Take a Walk?
18. Rhymes
19. The Pig Got Up and Slowly Walked Away
20. The Dashing Marine

3 comments:

boppinbob said...

Thanks for this post. The only Frank Crumit disc I had was a well worn 78 of the Song of the Prune, until it sadly went up to that great shellac resting place in the sky!

Chester Proudfoot said...

Glad you like it. There is a previous Crumit disc which I don't have, and I'm not sure what's on it. I've been working my way through my 78s, and once I get settled hope to post a few more Crumit sides. Oh By Jingo!, So Long Oolong, and a few more.

Chester Proudfoot said...

Ready to enjoy again.