Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

26 March 2009

It's The Girls


There have been sister vocal groups before and after, but none have ever equaled the impact on popular music that the Boswell Sisters brought to the scene. Though they made their first recording for Victor in 1925, it was the Brunswick years 1931-1935 that they made their most popular recordings which they made along with the best in the business - the Dorseys, Joe Venuti among others. Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. It's the Girl
2. That's What I Like About You
3. Heebie Jeebies
4. Concentratin' (on You)
5. Wha'd Ja Do to Me?
6. I'm All Dressed up With a Broken Heart
7. When I Take My Sugar to Tea
8. Don't Tell Him What Happened to Me
9. Roll On, Mississippi, Roll On
10. I'm Gonna Cry (Cryin' Blues)
11. This Is the Missus/Ladies and Gentleman/That's Love/Life Is Just a Bowl Of Cherries
12. My Future Just Passed
13. What Is It?
14. Shine on Harvest Moon
15. Gee, But I'd Like to Make You Happy
16. We're on the Highway to Heaven
17. Time on My Hands
18. Nights When I'm Lonely
19. Shout, Sister, Shout
20. It's You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Daddy!