Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

14 May 2009

My Song


Only one Chick Bullock song to be found here, but it is one I still haven't found on 78 yet. One of the reasons I like ASV's various artists collections is that they include songs which were not necessarily the biggest hits for these performers, so you get a broader feel for the music of the era. This set features 18 tunes from 1929 to 1932. The scans are now included in the re-uploaded file. Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. Where the Blue of the Night (Meets the Gold of the Day) - Bing Crosby
2. Cheerful Little Earful - Seger Ellis
3. My Song - Chick Bullock
4. She's a New Kind of Old Fashioned Girl - Whispering Jack Smith
5. Got a Date With an Angel - Pat O'Malley
6. Living in Dreams - Russ Columbo
7. Orange Blossom Time - Cliff "Ukelele Ike" Edwards
8. She's Wonderful - Harry Shalson
9. Am I Blue - Smith Ballew
10. Here Lies Love - Sam Browne
11. Thrill Is Gone - Rudy Vallée
12. Ain't Misbehavin' - Gene Austin
13. My Sweet Virginia - Al Bowlly
14. Please - Val Rosing
15. Little by Little - Johnny Marvin
16. You're a Real Sweetheart - Sam Coslow
17. Sweet Sue, Just You - George Metaxa
18. Thank Your Father - Harry Richman



4 comments:

Jeff in San Diego said...

This is a great one, Chester.

It's a real treat to hear some of my long-time favorite songs done by people who I've never heard do them before.

Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Jeff

Chester Proudfoot said...

At first I wondered why they couldn't bother to include the better known versions, but now I appreciate it for the same reasons.

A great weekend to you, too. Try not to enjoy that good weather too much.

El Juguetionista said...

Este tambien se cay :(

Chester Proudfoot said...

New link uploaded.

Es actualizado de nuevo.