Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

07 August 2009

These 'N' That 'N' Those


I can't believe I hadn't posted Lady Day previously, so here is the only collection I have of her music. I originally had great plans to get the rest of this Columbia series, but .... As one reviewer noted, Holiday had some rather mundane songs tossed in her direction during the beginning of her career that only give a glimpse of what was to come. However I think there are still some nice tunes and she teams up with Teddy Wilson on several tracks (3,5,6, 10-13). Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. Your Mother's Son-In-Law
2. Riffin' The Scotch
3. I Wished On The Moon
4. What A Little Moonlight Can Do
5. Miss Brown To You
6. A Sunbonnet Blue (And A Yellow Straw Hat)
7. What A Night, What A Moon, What A Girl
8. I'm Painting The Town Red
9. It's Too Hot For Words
10. Twenty-Four Hours A Day
11. Yankee Doodle Never Went To Town
12. Eeny Meeny Meiny Mo
13. If You Were Mine
14. These 'N' That 'N' Those
15. You Let Me Down
16. Spreadin' Rhythm Around

1 comment:

kibafang said...

very smooth, such an even mix for the time, she is just a natural. thanks for the great music..your blog is so much fun