Update On Links

March 18, 2013 - I'm now using various file sites with varying success. With over 200 albums listed here, obviously I cannot upload everything at once. So if you're dying to hear something, please post a comment on that particular post and I will move it up in the priority queue. Enjoy!

****
Any posts taken down as a result of the sniveling coward will be re-upped. Check the link below for where to find them in the event that this site is unable to repost them. Don't forget to bookmark http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com/ in the event that the internet terrorists shut this page down.

10 August 2009

Dancing In The Dark



I always like the ASV collections with their song selections. Where else are you going to get Arthur Tracy? And the Revelers were hugely popular but virtually unheard of these days. Plus you get Lawrence Tibbett for a taste of "culture." Good stuff, that's for sure. Look for more of this series soon. Enjoy. +

Tracks

1. Stardust - Bing Crosby, Victor Young & His Orchestra
2. Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Gene Austin
3. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - Cab Calloway & His Orchestra
4. Rockin' Chair - Ray Noble & His Orchestra, Paul Robeson
5. Peanut Vendor - Bert Ambrose & His Orchestra
6. Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You) - Ruth Etting
7. Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries - Hutch
8. When I Take My Sugar to Tea - The Boswell Sisters, The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
9. Cuban Love Song - Lawrence Tibbett
10. Just One More Chance - Bing Crosby, Victor Young & His Orchestra
11. Lady of Spain - Tino Folgar
12. Marta - Arthur Tracy
13. Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Maurice Chevalier
14. Would You Like to Take a Walk? - Annette Hanshaw
15. I Don't Know Why (I Just Do) - Layton & Johnstone
16. Prisoner of Love - Russ Columbo, Nat Shilkret & His Orchestra
17. Dancing in the Dark - The Revelers
18. Sweet and Lovely - Al Bowlly
19. Lazy River - Louis Armstrong
20. River, Stay 'Way from My Door - Paul Robeson
21. Sally - Gracie Fields
22. Dream a Little Dream of Me - Ozzie Nelson & His Orchestra
23. Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away) - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra, Bing Crosby
24. Goodnight Sweetheart - Bud Noble

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Chester.

Chester Proudfoot said...

You're welcome!

kibafang said...

I have a good cocktail for you Chester...listening to these tracks while viewing great photos of 2009 Bonneville week on bangshift.com, you just have to luv it. I like this collection muy bueno.

Chester Proudfoot said...

That reminds me of the days in my '69 GTO. But I was listening to music with a bit more power back then.

boppinbob said...

Thanks Chester, As always a top notch post.
Regards
Bob

Chester Proudfoot said...

Glad you liked it, Bob!

Barron said...

Please re-up.

bulldogUK said...

Chester,
Is it possible to re-up this one
many thanks

bulldogUK

Chester Proudfoot said...

I've been busy, but will get to it this week.

Chester Proudfoot said...

Ready to enjoy again.

bulldogUK said...

thank you very much for this